MultiCHAX is a check printing and writing software product that allows the user to print your own checks for payroll and accounts payable. MultiCHAX is an add-on for Windows accounting software including QuickBooks Enterprise, Sage 50, even online-only services like QuickBooks Payroll Plus and QuickBooks Online.
MultiCHAX and CHAX are two different software products for different purposes:
- MultiCHAX is a check printing and writing software add-on for accounting programs to allow users to print your own checks on blank check stock to be used for payroll and accounts payable. Also works on pre-printed checks to add signatures and logos.
- CHAX is a standalone funds transfer system which allows users to accept and print pre-authorized checks from their customers to be deposited the same day.
The CHAX user’s customer will typically be sending a payment for a product or service, either by credit card or by check. Using CHAX benefits the user and customer in multiple ways:
- There are no transaction fees for using CHAX. The user avoids expensive credit card transaction fees, and can easily pay for itself with savings within a few months.
- Check customers avoid having to send checks and pay for postage or overnight delivery.
- Sending checks by phone or fax is more secure than mailing. The checks will never get lost in the mail.
Read more on the CHAX benefits
- MultiCHAX® is a software product that works as an on-demand MICR encoded check printing solution, that prints MICR encoded checks on blank forms in a single step. While doing this it can print signatures, logos, and form overlays from scanned images.
- MultiCHAX® integrates with virtually all accounting programs such as QuickBooks, Quicken, Great Plains, Solomon, Peachtree, and many more. MultiCHAX® eliminates the need to switch check forms when you switch bank accounts within your accounting software.
- As with, our CHAX® software, security was of great importance. Password access provides users handling a variety of accounting tasks within a network, abundant security, and comfort. MultiCHAX® provides ample levels of security to separate functions and/or bank account for each individual user.
- There are multiple editions of the MultiCHAX® software for every budget, click on the edition to see a description of the features provided: click here.
MultiCHAX® Desktop versions cannot be installed directly to a server. MultiCHAX must be used in the terminal server environment by using a bridge between our MultiCHAX virtual printer and the terminal server. This is established by using the third party driver called Print2RDP. The vendor is Black Ice. Other third party drivers such as TSPrint (via Right Networks) or UniPrint are also compatible.
How MultiCHAX® works with Print2RDP is as follows:
- · Install MultiCHAX® on the client machine (completing MultiCHAX® setup is necessary to print test checks)
- · Install the server and client versions of Print2RDP (rebooting may be necessary)
- · After installing the client version of Print2RDP, run the application and add the MultiCHAX® Virtual Printer to the list
- · Login to your terminal server account (it is recommended to do a fresh logoff/login instead of resuming a previous session)
- · Verify that the MultiCHAX® Virtual Printer was added to the server list of printers
- · If it is there, you may print a check from your accounting program to the Virtual printer.
- · MultiCHAX® will open and print a check to the assigned laser printer.
Windows Server 2012/2016/2019
For Terminal Server users on Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019, you will need to purchase the MultiCHAX Terminal Server edition which allows the use in a multi-user server environment.
NOTE: This particular setup is limited to TS Users who have administrative access.
All banks will accept all printed checks using MultiCHAX®. You will need to use required materials, such as blank check stock.
Since MultiCHAX® does not depend on the QuickBooks files, it will continue to work. If the check format output by QuickBooks changes you may have to make some adjustments to the MultiCHAX® control files.
Yes. MultiCHAX does work with Right Networks, but does not install directly on to the server. It will need to be installed and configured on the client machine. Please contact us and create a ticket for more information.
Yes, MultiCHAX works great for Sage 50 (Peachtree) accounting software products, and just about any other Sage software.
Once your bank account information has been added to the MultiCHAX software, you will then be able to print checks by using our MultiCHAX Virtual Printer.
Through the use of a special virtual printer driver, the data that QuickBooks sends to the printer is automatically captured by MultiCHAX® and automatically reformatted and printed on a blank check form in a single step.
This results in a fully completed check form, including MICR characters and bank account information.
Operating system version: Windows 7/8/10 (MultiCHAX Terminal Server Edition compatible with Windows Server 2012/2016/2019)
Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1